Sunday, June 17, 2012

Trackitback

A local Zellers store is having liquidation sales of everything in the store.  I was browsing through some electronics the other day--not planning to buy anything--when I came across this "trackitback" package.  It's just a sticker you are buying, physically, but the sticker allows someone who found your lost camera to return it back to you.  Each package costed $9.97 but as Zellers is closing this store, they reduced the price down to $5.00.  On the day I was there, they further reduced it down to $1.  I picked up all three that remained.  I don't hope my $3 investment will pay off big time but just in case .... :-)

BUT ... I was just checking out trackitback.com this morning.  Their website was down.  Does that mean they are out of business or the website is just down?  I hope for the latter.  Trackitback is a good concept, assuming everyone is honest.

Addendum:  Uhh ... it looks like the company got disbanded earlier this year--why the heck was Zellers still be carrying their product!!??  See it for yourself:  http://www.wbrettwilson.ca/dragons-den-deals/trackitbackcom-inc/#/dragons-den-deals/trackitbackcom-inc/

10 comments:

  1. Yes - Trackitback is definitely gone. They had a big contract with Sony and a few other major company's, but something went seriously wrong. 9 times out of 10 - it's cash flow issues, but that is pure speculation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are multiple service providers like Trackitback. I switched to IDsticker.com
    Same program, better prices, and they're still in business.
    http://www.IDsticker.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trackitback should sell their IDs to IDsticker.com or another competitor. That way, people who have invested in Trackitback stickers can still make use of their stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since Track It Back is now out of business, I'd respectfully like to suggest an alternative, FoundIt! http://foundit.net

    FoundIt! is based in academic research and provides a simple and elegant solution to getting your stuff back. When an item of yours has been found you get an email and text alert. You are in control of how you want to arrange to get your stuff back, keeping your information private.

    You can try out FoundIt! for 30% off with the discount code: TIB. You'll get 30+ stickers and 4-8 durable plastic tags for less than $1.50 a month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like TrackItBack because it's a sticker that can go on pretty much anything. A hard plastic tag is too cumbersome for electronic equipments like computers and cameras. For things like keys, in Canada, you could actually get free tags from The War Amps at http://www.waramps.ca. They have returned over one million keys since its inception in 1946.

    ReplyDelete
  6. there main competition was Returnmoi. i've used returnmoi for the last 4 years and very happy with them, they have some big corporations as clients also. i rather go with a company that has a professional website and business. www.returnmoi.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ReturnMoi looks good. The nearly $17 price tag sounds expensive but I guess it's insurance. A few months ago, I thought I had lost my car/home keys in a forest. I was not about to go back into the forest to find them. I eventually found them in a pouch that I had forgotten about. For $17, it provides good peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. IDsticker.com is currently offering TrackItBack customers who have been left high and dry, the opportunity to exchange their TrackItBack stickers for Gold Subscription IDstickers. The only charge is for S&H. To take advantage of the offer, simply email photos of your TrackItBack stickers to info@IDsticker.com. They will get back to you with the next steps.

    http://www.IDsticker.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. crap i bought some from walmart and now they dont work!!!
    thanks for the info above, seems like returnmoi is the best solution, they actually have 24/7 live support.

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.